Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Surprise surprise

Last weekend I took some pictures of my mother, while visiting my granny. Yesterday following my huge curiosity I developed the film and barely waited for it to dry so I can scan the pictures. Luckily it is summer and it doesn't take a long time for a film to dry in this heat. When I started scanning and editing the images a conversation, I had with John just a week or two ago, came to the surface of my mind. We were talking about photography, nature and inspiration. Of course about some things we agreed about other - disagreed. But John said that it would be good if I reconnect with my pictures and feelings from the time when we met - me, Alek and John. My instinctive answer to him was, that I don't know how to do that and I am not anymore what I was before. Well yesterday while I was looking at my last pictures I had the feeling of "SurpRisE SurpRisE" and may be I am wrong, may be I just wished I can take a picture the way I was doing it back in 2010, but when I look at the follwoing ones, I just can't stop this "surprise, surprise" flickering in me. 


6 comments:

  1. the fact is the past and present are the future , without knowing the past we wander nameless - reconnecting is not repeating -its knowing thats where we have come from and suggests where we should be going - wrong turnings and cul de sacs are part of creating -so our history is important saying hey you -this is the right road when we get lost - bottom image of your mother is excellent -ritualistic -

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also meant to say all three images are excellent - i got in front of myself - the light and shadow is very impressionistic - and there is a great quality to the images --welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  3. o big fat hugs to you and your mother, i love these,
    i want some of that majik back we had then too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha :D well I am a nightmare for her today, so a big fat hug will make her smile for sure :D
      that's why it is surprise surprise, will come when not expected <3

      Delete
  4. they are just wonderful

    ReplyDelete